Whole House Humidifier Installation in Pueblo and Colorado Springs
Flow Right offers expert whole house humidifier installation in Pueblo and Colorado Springs. If you’re tired of Colorado’s arid climate, a whole-home humidifier can provide several benefits that create a far more comfortable environment for you and your family. Flow Right has a team of HVAC professionals who are ready to help you select the right humidifier for your home and install it as part of your existing furnace system.
Contact us for Whole Home Humidifier Installation Near Me
Colorado Springs: (719) 569-7604
Pueblo: (719) 569-7604
What is a Whole House Humidifier?
A whole house humidifier is a helpful tool for improving the quality and comfort of the air in your home by adding moisture back into the air. Colorado, despite being a mountainous state with gorgeous rivers and lakes, is actually quite dry. We are in the top 10 list for states with the lowest relative humidity, hanging out in good company with locations like Utah, Wyoming and New Mexico. That means if you want a higher humidity level in the air, you’re going to have to create it yourself.
Whole-home humidifiers introduce moisture into the air via your home’s existing HVAC system. Some options include standalone systems, but upgrading your HVAC will typically maximize your results and cover more of the home.
- Steam humidifiers use heat to boil water and release the resulting steam into your duct system.
Evaporative humidifiers either create moisture by blowing air across wet pads (similar to a swamp cooler) or by using the HVAC’s heating system to warm the water and release it into the vents.
Should You Install a Whole House Humidifier? What Are the Benefits?
Is a whole joke humidifier right for your home? Read the following scenarios to see if they fit your experience living in a dry air climate.
- You feel like your nose runs constantly even when you’re healthy and allergy free.
- You or your family members snore at night despite a clean bill of health from your healthcare provider.
- You apply chapstick constantly. In fact, you have a chapstick for every room, the car and the bag you take to work.
- You apply lotion constantly. You keep extra bottles with your chapsticks.
- You suffer from a dry scalp or itchy, dry skin.
- Your family is always the first to catch the latest cold or flu.
- You have infants or elderly family members in the home.
- Your hardwood floors or real wood furniture are cracked or dried out.
- Your house plants need to be watered more frequently than normal.
- Your heater feels less effective than it should be.
- You just want a more comfortable environment.
How a Whole Home Humidifier Can Help:
- Increase comfort: Proper humidity just feels right. Your skin, hair, lips and nails do not have to work overtime to stay healthy. Your nasal passages and throat are not constantly dried out. Humidity is essential to comfort, especially in a Colorado winter. Your staticky pets will be equally impressed with a reduction in cracked noses and claws and less knots in their fur.
Maintain warmth: Humid air simply feels warmer, which is pretty handy once those winter energy bills start hitting the mailbox. Our bodies cool through evaporation and dry climates pull that moisture from your body and make you feel cooler than you are. Humidity helps your body retain that moisture and hold onto that heat.
Protect assets: The surfaces in your home also need moisture to thrive. Your hardwood floors, instruments, furniture and even the infrastructure of your home all benefit from a proper balance of humidity and moisture in the air. Prevent cracked floors, doors, furniture and cabinets by bringing humidity back into the home with your central HVAC system.
Reduce sickness: Humidity helps us reduce sickness by supporting our body’s natural preventative measures. Moisture helps our bodies maintain the mucus and fluids that trap germs before they enter our bodies. It’s also worth noting that some recent studies have also found that airborne viruses may have more trouble moving in humid air, as they get weighed down by the moisture.
Humidifier Brands We Install
- And more!
Why Choose Flow Right for Whole House Humidifier Installation?
Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric is a professional-grade, family owned and operated provider of critical residential and commercial home services in Southern Colorado. Our mission is to serve every city with award-winning customer service and we pride ourselves on having the experience and industry know-how to get the job done right the first time.
- Licensed HVAC technicians
- Contractor A & B Licenses
- Plumbing and HVAC technicians continuing education programs
- Background checks and drug testing
- Over 25 years of industry experience
- Fully Insured
- Best of Pueblo
- Colorado Companies to Watch
- Best Workplaces
- BBB Excellence in Customer Service Award
Frequently Asked Questions About Humidifiers?
Do humidifiers cause mold?
A properly maintained humidifier will not cause mold. Your whole home humidifier installation should include a thermostat with humidity control or another humidity monitoring system to help you combat the urge to over-humidify your home.
Does Flow Right offer whole house humidifier installation near me?
Yes, Flow Right can install whole house humidifiers throughout Southern Colorado, including Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Canon City, Salida, Walsenburg, Trinidad, Monument, Security, Woodland Park, Peyton and many other areas. Give us a call to find out more about service in your neighborhood..
How much does it cost to install humidifiers for a furnace?
HVAC humidifier costs depend on the model selected, the compatibility with your existing HVAC system and any extras needed as part of the furnace humidifier installation. Flow Right can come out and provide you with a transparent, hassle-free bid for that includes the whole house humidifier cost, plus associated parts and labor.
Quick Facts About HVAC Humidifiers
- An additional 30-50% increase in humidity can make your home feel warmer by preventing your body from cooling via evaporation.
- Humidifiers can help improve symptoms of illness, asthma and other respiratory issues.
- A clean humidifier is an effective humidifier. Follow these tips from the Mayo Clinic to make sure your humidifier continues to be an asset to your health.
Bring Moisture Back to the Air in Your Home
Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric is your trusted local HVAC company for all your home humidifying and climate control needs. We can help you transition your home from a dry desert environment to an oasis of comfort that everyone will love. Call us today to learn more about the installation process or to set an appointment.
Contact Flow Right Plumbing, Heating & Cooling 24/7 Emergency Service and Repair