Annual Furnace Inspections in Southern Colorado
Annual furnace inspections are a critical part of your home maintenance checklist. Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric is your neighborhood HVAC specialist, with a solid reputation for honesty, integrity and quality workmanship. Our extensive furnace inspection checklist is completed by experienced HVAC technicians who are passionate about their trade and dedicated to ensuring your home and family are safe every time your furnace powers up to heat your home. In a state with chilling winters and brisk spring and fall temperatures, annual furnace inspections ensure your family will never be left out in the cold.
Contact us for furnace inspection services
Pueblo: (719) 569-7604
What is a Furnace Inspection? What Does a Furnace Inspection Consist Of?
An annual furnace inspection examines your heating system from the inside out to ensure it is operating within the manufacturer specifications. Furnaces are expected to perform at their best 24/7 to provide safe home heating to you and your family. In colder states with longer winters (like Colorado), our furnaces are put to the rest with heavy duty use for months at a time. This level of use causes natural wear and tear on the components, making it necessary to perform periodic checkups in the form of furnace safety inspections. Here are several of the steps that Flow Right technicians take to complete a furnace inspection:
- Checking age and condition of the system
- Testing for CO and combustible leaks
- Testing all electrical at unit
- Pulling amp draws on motors
- Checking cleanliness of system (burners, blower wheel, burner chamber, cabinet and filter)
- Testing gas pressures and adjusting properly if needed
- Testing temperature rise when the system is operating
- Adjusting blower speeds if needed
All testing of your HVAC system will be compared to the manufacturing data tag for specifications. Any recommendations for repairs, cleaning or replacements will be provided at the end of the inspection. If you have any questions, give us a call. One of our friendly team members will be happy to go over your options with you.
There are several key reasons that annual furnace inspections are helpful for homeowners.
- Safety: Most furnaces are powered by natural gas or propane. This increases your risk of fire, as well as a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Annual inspections ensure the integrity of your furnace as a fuel-burning piece of equipment remains intact. An HVAC technician will tell you if your furnace has potential issues that could lead to a fire or gas leak. They can also offer valuable peace of mind by letting you know your family will be safe for another year.
- Clean Air: Dirt and dust are in every home, but our furnaces are extremely efficient about pushing those particles into the air we breathe (unless you have a whole-home air filter attached). Your technician will check your filter and components for build-up and discuss options for air purification technology if you find that dust and contaminants are an ongoing problem.
- Save Money: A furnace that runs poorly is expensive! Our monthly energy bills are costly enough without borrowing trouble by neglecting the equipment that powers it. A damaged furnace runs harder to compensate, whether it’s desperately trying to power through a dirty filter or limping along with broken or damaged components. Annual inspections minimize the impact of these issues by bringing them to your attention and providing an opportunity to resolve them. Let’s also not forget how expensive it can be to replace a furnace if your existing one permanently breaks because of an easy-to-catch problem.
- American Standard
Why Choose Flow Right for Your Next Furnace Inspection or HVAC Service Call?
Do you need electrical installation services? Are you adding a new appliance to the home or making smart upgrades for a more connected household? Maybe you just need a hot tub electrician to come in and help you set up your new soaking paradise.
Whatever your needs, we have you covered. Check out our electrical installation services.
- Licensed HVAC technicians
- Licensed, bonded and insured
- Contractor A & B Licenses
- Plumbing and HVAC technicians continuing education programs
- Background checks and drug testing
- Easy Care Annual Service Plan
- Over 25 years of industry experience
- Fully Insured
- Best of Pueblo
- Colorado Companies to Watch
- Best Workplaces
- BBB Excellence in Customer Service Award
FAQs About Furnace Inspections
How often should a furnace be serviced?
Most manufacturers recommend annual heater inspections to catch or prevent problems before they become costly or cause permanent damage.
Are annual furnace inspections really necessary?
Yes, annual heating inspections really are necessary. They make your furnace safer, cleaner and more cost efficient. They also establish a baseline for your HVAC technician to monitor. Think of it like having a family dentist or doctor. They take time to get to know you and your needs to provide the best care. Your technician builds the same rapport and familiarity with your home, improving the quality of service.
How long does a furnace inspection take?
Servicing a furnace takes an average of 1-2 hours.
Does a new furnace need to be inspected?
Your new furnace should have been inspected upon installation to ensure it is running smoothly. If you feel your HVAC installer did not do a thorough job, Flow Right can send a technician to inspect your new furnace. Get it inspected one year after installation to make sure no problems have occurred in the first 365 days.
How much does a furnace inspection cost?
Give us a call for the most current rate on our furnace check-up costs. Flow Right also offers an Easy Care annual service plan. You can customize and combine regular maintenance and cost protection in the event of needed repairs or replacements.
Trust Flow Right with All Your HVAC Maintenance Needs!
Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric is a leading, locally owned home services provider. We have a proven track record of quality HVAC service in Southern Colorado. We are proud to provide our friends and neighbors with expert furnace repair, inspection and installation services. Give us a call today! We can help you learn how annual home furnace inspections can make your home safer and extend the life of your furnace.
Does Flow Right offer annual furnace inspections near me?
Flow Right offers annual furnace maintenance throughout Southern Colorado, including our home city of Pueblo and our sister city Colorado Springs. If you are more rural or located beyond Pueblo and Colorado Springs in Southern Colorado, give us a call. We go above and beyond for our customers and we likely service your neighborhood.