HOW DOES FLOW RIGHT PROTECT YOU FROM COVID-19?
October 26, 2020
Dear Friends, Neighbors, and Customers,
On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, we issued a community statement, letting our customers and community know about the situation at Flow Right as it relates to COVID-19. We also promised to update everyone as additional details were made available, so we would like to share the most up-to-date information with you all.
Since early last week, Flow Right has been working with the Department of Health to ensure that all related information was shared with them and to receive additional direction. As we emphasized last week, the health and wellbeing of our staff, families, and customers remains our top priority, and every decision that is made is done with that priority in mind.
Flow Right is fortunate to have a large workforce, especially when compared to other companies in our industry. Our size and immediate response to this crisis has allowed us to continue to support our customers and the community with their most-pressing essential services with teammates who have been verified to be free from COVID-19 exposure, all while the affected team members quarantine and recover.
At the time of this statement, Flow Right has tested 91% of our workforce, which includes all of our field personnel. Regrettably, we had 23 individuals who tested positive, and per the Health Department’s criteria, there are 7 additional employees who are considered “probable,” which means they have had exposure and/or symptoms, but have tested negative.
Flow Right’s main office was shut down at the close of business on Thursday, October 22, so that our facility could receive electrostatic spraying of all inside surfaces. All vehicles and tools were also fully sanitized during this time. Monday afternoon, October 26, Flow Right brought in a local environmental company which conducted air sample analysis. The air samples will be sent to a lab for testing, and we fully expect the results will confirm that our facility is covid-free.
By being proactive and aggressive with our screening, cleaning, and testing procedures, all Flow Right team members who have been affected by COVID-19 should be cleared to return to work, per the Department of Health guidelines, well ahead of the holiday season. We look forward to having all of our team members back, 100% healthy, so that we can support our customers during the upcoming holidays with all of their plumbing and HVAC needs.
Lastly, we would like to thank everyone who has been so very supportive and understanding as we manage this unexpected situation. We are sincerely grateful to our customers, community members, and our outstanding Flow Right family- thank you all! Please continue to keep those affected in your thoughts.
Your Local Partner,
Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling
October 21, 2020
Dear Friends, Neighbors, and Customers,
As the local, national, and global impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, Flow Right is sad to report that we have not been spared the negative impacts of the current pandemic. Some of our employees, isolated to a single facility, have tested positive and we have immediately taken additional measures to protect our Flow Right family and the community we serve.
All employees, since March 2020, have been required to complete a daily screening for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors. Flow Right’s swift decision-making on this policy enabled us to catch this development quickly. These daily screenings will continue. This process allowed us to identify any individual at risk, restricting their access to our facilities immediately, well ahead of testing.
Additionally, Flow Right continues to maintain strict social distancing procedures while wearing masks at all times. The health and wellbeing of our staff, families, and customers remains our top priority. The ongoing actions, outlined below, will allow us to support and protect those who rely on us.
We are similar to other businesses in that we cannot fully control what our employees choose to do outside of work hours. We can, however, control and mitigate any additional exposure to employees, customers, and the general public.
For that reason, most of our office staff are again working remotely. We have completed deep cleaning and sanitizing at our facilities. And we have made sure that our policies are consistent with the most up to date CDC guidelines.
Flow Right is closely monitoring the evolving situation, and complying with public health guidance is our top priority. As additional information becomes available, we will keep our team members, their families, and the community updated.
Flow Right is sincerely grateful for the ongoing support of our community, gratitude that is even more appreciated during this time. Please keep those affected in your thoughts.
Your Local Partner,
Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, & Irrigation
- Each of our employees is required to fill out a daily screener that asks about any possible symptoms, if anyone is experiencing symptoms, they are barred from coming to work.
- Employees who have symptoms must call our HR staff and resolve why they have those symptoms (i.e. if their doctor has already indicated that they have allergies) or they are asked to stay away from our facility and to see a doctor or get a COVID-19 test prior to returning to work.
- Since the start of the pandemic, we redesigned our office space to isolate office functions and create separation among our staff.
- We conduct our meetings over video conference and telephone.
- We require that our teammates wear masks in our office when within 6 ft of any other teammate.
- Field personnel is required to wear masks at all times, especially during any contact with customers.
- The teammate with a positive test is not allowed to return to the facility or be in contact with our personnel until cleared by their doctor and public health authorities.
- We immediately do internal contact tracing for anyone who was in close contact with that person according to public health guidelines.
- We isolate anyone who was in close contact with a teammate who received a positive COVID-19 test.
- To be safe for our customers, we get all of our field personnel tested for COVID-19 even if they weren’t in close contact with the teammate who had a positive test result.